I cannot believe I am actually admitting this, but I miss Harry Potter. Sure, the fandom has not died yet, however, the lack of new books are detrimental at best. I was talking to some of my friends about Harry Potter and how awesome it was (is), and then I realized, that there won't be any more books. I have realized this before but it didn't sink in like it did this time.

I haven't been really active on this blog lately, but to the few that do actually follow this blog, I want to share my thoughts.

When I started with Harry Potter, there was always the outlook for the continuation of the story. That is, when I finished one book, there was another one after that. Nevertheless, obviously it had to stop. This was a great shock to me, I was searching for clues that it might continue in the future. That JK was actually writing another book. But, she only worked on Pottermore, which would have been the answer all creation, that would keep fans busy for years to come and not realize that Harry Potter is actually finished. Sure, Pottermore had great intension. However, it doesn't fill that void inside of me, maybe it is because I am no longer just a child reading Harry Potter. This might be a big factor, however the magical experience offered by the Harry Potter books are lacking in Pottermore.

Some may argue that there are fanfiction and other works of art by fans, that there are Quidditch as a sport. But, does this really fill the gap. We as fans always try and fill up the gaps left inside of us. And try and put on bandages just to make it seem better. But the actual fact is that we just simply can't fill up this gap inside of us. I will never forget the joy reading Harry Potter brought me. It was so extraordinary. It sparked an imagination, that there might be something else out there, that can take me away from this world and place me into a magical world. Harry Potter was my escape from reality drug. Always longing for a letter from Hogwarts just to take me away from this place.

Now that I am technically an adult, I still long for a letter. Even though I know that I won't ever get one. This experience I got from Harry Potter is almost completely exclusive to the Harry Potter world. No other book has since created this longing. I truly hope that we as Harry Potter fans will someday move on to a new creation that provides the same level of awesomeness, like in the Harry Potter universe.

Our only hope now is that the next JK novel will be just as awesome as Harry Potter was (is). And, I hope she writes a prequel or sequel, because that is the only thing that will truly quench my desire for more Harry Potter, but in actual fact it will further spark my quench for Harry Potter. So please JK, give us more Harry Potter to keep us happy inside and give us something to escape in.

This entry was posted on Jul 11, 2012 at Wednesday, July 11, 2012 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

I hear ya, and I feel the same. At least once a year, usually when I have a rare moment to myself, I long for the feeling of picking up Goblet of Fire, or Order of the Phoenix half way read for the first time.

Unfortunately, the Casual Vacancy was of no use. I, personally, didn't like the book at all, but hey....that's me.

Anyway, this is one of "those" times. I was looking over Harry Potter sites on the internet and found your post from last year. I guess I feel better just commenting.

Good spring, and good luck!
Kickinmhl

Saturday, 30 March, 2013

Harry Potter is my favorite story. When I get a time, I read the book. Thanks for share the post about Harry Potter.

Wednesday, 10 April, 2013

I’m really like it! Very, very dgdeeac good!
zoella boyfriend

Thursday, 30 May, 2013

Post a Comment